Saturday 5 January 2013

Nico Ladenis' Cooked Vinaigrette

Nico by Nico Ladenis
I came across this in a Youtube clip. It sounds very interesting and versatile. I don't have quantities, so this will be a matter of taste. trial and error! I think I'm going to give it a go. It reminds me of a vegetable stock (nage) in which you store the stock with the vegetables and spices to infuse.

Cooked Vinaigrette
  • Olive Oil
  • White Wine
  • White Wine Vinegar
  • Onion
  • Celery
  • Green Pepper
  • Red Pepper
  • Carrot
  • Bay Leaf
  • Rosemary
  • Thyme
  • Tarragon
  • Sugar
  • Salt
  • Black Peppercorns

Cook for about an hour, then infuse for another hour off the heat.

- Use as a vinaigrette with a little touch of hazelnut oil. (2 parts vinaigrette, 1 part hazelnut oil)
- Blend vinaigrette with tomato for a tomato coulis. Served with a fillet of Brill.
- Blend vinaigrette with orange juice. Served with a warm salad of Sole.

No comments:

Post a Comment